Sunday 7 November 2010

309: Fireworks Night

It's the time of year for bulb exposures once more, and I'm at least consistent in turning up to the same fireworks display for the third year running - with the same main intention. The difference this time is that I brought along my 16-45 instead of the 18-55. Favouritism, I know, but wider is more appealing.
The main challenges in this event seem to be anticipating where and how wide the fireworks will burst, and trying to avoid the glow from the massive bonfire on the left.

Ironically, most shots didn't seem to need 16mm wide - if only I was right over the field with the lighting crew. That'll never happen, but maybe next time I'll try to find a radically different spot to shoot from (that doesn't involve stepping out into the forbidden zone.)

Settings: f/10, 3s, ISO 100, DA 16-45 (38mm,) remote release, tripod.

No comments: