Friday 2 July 2010

183: The Crossing Point

So we've just crossed the halfway point of 2010. Where did all the time go?
The past, of course.
I think this project is going well, despite some distinct difficulties with finding good subjects that cause me to hunt around for small things to shoot tiny details of. Note to self: Please try not to macro-scavenge so often.
There's just no substitute for breaking from familiar ways and trying something new, but some days things just don't go so well, and I end up posting three images a couple of days later to catch up.

Doubt, lazyness and insularity are the inglorious trifecta of bad ways I must fight against if I want to see this year-long project through to its end.

The EOS D30 has a definite problem with white balance in some RAW files. Loaded up in some editors they look distinctly green, and when I corrected the white balance, the blown-out sky in this shot went very purple. So monochrome was a good option here. JPEGs are usually fine - if only it had the contemporary-style option to shoot both.

Settings: f/8, 1/160, ISO 200, EOS D30, 35mm Photax-Paragon M42. Some sharpening, curves adjustment and cropping.

No comments: