Monday 3 May 2010

123: Yellow Under Blue

Everybody needs to shoot a by-the-numbers landscape to understand how they can improve their technique. I certainly need to do more of them as a matter of practice. Although I could really do with a better wideangle lens too; that DA 12-24 looks awfully good, but not for the horrendous price Pentax is asking for it now. In fact, rule out any of their lenses, they just seem like a rip-off nowadays. Some have almost doubled in price over the last couple of years. I really wish I had bought some more before so I could flog them at a profit now! Of all the lame reasons to want to go back in time for..!

No excessive tweaking, mind you. If there's one thing I can do with less of, it's those artfully-bodged-looking scenes with too much contrast and colour saturation.

I think I captured those clouds at a nice moment.

Settings: f/16, 1/80, ISO 100, P-DA 18-55 (18mm.)

No comments: