Tuesday 4 May 2010

124: Blank Film

This particular roll of film was supposed to develop properly, but alas came to nothing. Only now I've realised that the developer was no good; I should have been more suspicious when I noticed flecks of something floating in it! I also got a bad feeling when the fixer looked a bit too colourful when draining from the drum. There's not a speck of black on the film, proof that the developer was totally stale.
I reckon I lost quite a few decent shots there, but I can't dwell on the loss. It seems to me that's part of the philosophy of film. If it screws up, just let it go and move on.

Some one-shot developer is really what I need now!

Settings: f/11, 1/2.5, ISO 100, 50mm Cosinon M42, 25mm extension, 1/4 flash, white board and foil reflector.

No comments: