Wednesday 5 May 2010

125: A Line of Clementines

This one was quite heavily post-processed, but it just wasn't very interesting au naturel.
I don't usually like to mess with my images; I prefer to take naturalistic shots that look good as they are, but sometimes there's no substitute for tweaking if you want a certain look.
I do happen to like this photo quite a lot now. The adjustments definitely add a new dimension to the image rather than cover up any inadequacies. The source RAW was the best of the series, and properly exposed (so I started off with a solid image.)

Of course post-processing should not be used as an excuse to take just any old crappy photo. That's like the photographic equivalent of auto-tuning a bad singer!
Rubbish in, rubbish out...

Settings: f/8, 1/180, ISO 100, 50mm Cosinon M42, 10mm extension, 1/4 flash, white boards & foil reflector. Colour and luminance curve adjustments.

No comments: