Wednesday 14 April 2010

104: Nasturtiums & Halos

I glanced at these well-grown nasturtium seedlings on the kitchen windowsill and noticed the fascinating pattern of shapes they cast.
I've chosen to use my mirror lens again today because I'm getting to love the weird out-of-focus highlight rings. To accentuate the effect here, I sprayed a fine mist of water onto the window behind the plants, as the background looked decidedly lacklustre without it.

Plus, yet again another one-take wonder! Maybe I'm economising on the shutter actuations because of my ~500 frame animation blowout from a few weeks ago. I should hopefully be getting another [old & cheap] DSLR to animate with. I'm quite excited about the prospect of it...

Settings: f/8, 1/30, ISO 200, 500mm Tamron SP mirror lens, tripod.

No comments: