Thursday 25 February 2010

056: A Juicy Orange

(...Yeah, that's right.)
f/11, 1/180 sec, ISO 100, same lens setup as yesterday. The camera pointed nearly all the way down onto the half orange; the flash was angled down and a foil hood highlighted the fresh, juicy areas nicely.
I found it important to use quite a tight directional light here, otherwise using white reflectors would flatten the image - lessening the bright highlighted spots and overall contrast. The only thing I wish I had got better was a more even distribution of light from top to bottom. The top area looks quite bright, but further down it becomes slightly dull in comparison. I could always fiddle with the brightness contour, but I didn't want to. I merely got rid of some dust spots.

This orange was a tasty one.

1 comment:

Crips Pink said...

Wow, you have such a great eye chief, you relly manage to make the everyday some how magical, I want to go hug some onions now!