Sunday 10 January 2010

010: Chocolates!

Aah, chocolates.
I'm sure some people wish they were a complete foodsource, but not I. Why..? They wouldn't be special if we ate nothing else! I see the maker's logo is noticeable, although I'm not advertising them. Honest. (They're nice enough, but not my favourites.)
This shot was done using the same basic flash setup as the potatoes, but with the black chocolate box paper underneath. This was to give the shot a dark base for richer contrast and shadows, and to keep the chocs clean. They are for eating, after all.
I keep a few large sheets of white expanded polystyrene around when I do these kind of shots - I find them very useful for holding in one hand to bounce the flash around at arbitrary angles. Cheap and effective.
Oh dear, I just noticed a fingerprint on one of the chocolates. Not so perfect now, but nevermind. And there's green fringing in places too, that'll be from using the lens wide open. But who cares - I'm tired and they look delicious anyway.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: