Thursday 14 January 2010

014: Shards of Toffee

I'm savouring a piece of this delicious stuff as I type this.
Toffee is a curious confection when broken in such a way, as it resembles shards of obsidian - or even Neolithic flint tools. Although it's definitely the opposite of sharp in the mouth.

There are many ways of capturing such a simple scene like this, and this is just one of them. I thought the blue paper would make an interesting contrast with the golden brown toffee, but I am not so sure now. I reckon a yellow background might have been better, just to give an extra golden glow to the sugary chunks. Also a lower angle and wider aperture could have been more desirable to get a shallower depth of field, and pick out certain details on a few bits.
But it's just one photo, No more. I'll save any experiments for something else tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: