Friday 22 January 2010

022: Bright Paint Pots

A colourful collection of small paint pots lie in a drawer, waiting for their crusty lids to be prized off again one day. Some of them may now be too dried up to be of use again, but their bright tops still attract my eye when I open the drawer.
Shown here are a collection of the more vivid ones, most of the others being dark, fleshy or earthy military-type tones. (I'm sure some of them are getting on for fifteen years old.) I took several tries at this photo before I was satisfied, the reasons ranging from the exposure to the position of the pots. I quite like the result, although I would have preferred to have a better selection of bright colours to use. But that's my fault for not buying them, I guess.
f/8, 1/180 sec. ISO 100, low power flash, 50mm M42 & 8mm extension ring.

No comments: