Thursday 21 January 2010

021: Steel Screws

Continuing on my current theme of high-magnification photography, I decided to get close up on some small steel screws of the type that secure computer components in a case. The base surface is a recycled car tyre mouse mat. This has a good grip that the upside-down screws hold well to, and also an interesting fine texture that's somewhat like extremely fine asphalt.
Exposure settings are f/5.6 1/180 sec. ISO 100, low-power flash. Again it's full manual with the same lens as before. This is another image that I managed to get right first time, so I'm pleased with that too. I simply shot it and uploaded the JPEG straight from the memory card.
The only thing I'm not keen on in this photo is the out-of-focus highlights at the top left. They are a little harsh and clearly hexagonal, but they don't distract too much and I like hexagons anyway.
Expect to see more hexagons of various types...

No comments: