Sunday 17 January 2010

017: Almonds on Yellow

Three almonds on some yellow paper. Curiously similar to yesterday's photo in that everything in frame is the product of a tree. (Omitting colourings.)
We're operating in quite a higher key than the cat photo, but with a similarly minimal composition. Also the same Cosinon M42 lens was used - it's becoming quite a favourite of mine for its sharpness and clarity.
This was shot a f/5.6, 1/180 sec. with low flash setting and a white reflector overhead. I originally just poured a heap of almonds in front of the camera and took a crowd shot, but decided that was boring. So I went back and made this simpler arrangement, which I prefer much more. I could have spent longer adjusting the almonds' composition, but I've been in a hurry to get this post up before midnight. I think it looks good as it is.
And yes, yellow backgrounds are good behind brown.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: