Friday 1 January 2010

001: Boats on the Canal

Canal boats
Moored peacefully in the cold

Their frost melts slowly


A Photo A Day Keeps the Black Mist of Creativelessness at bay. (Presumably.)
OK, The idea isn't an original one; but baking potatoes isn't either. Doesn't stop potatoes being baked. There's your philosophy for the day.
I've noticed how some people who post material on the web try to produce one interesting piece of work every day, as a kind of creative journal. It's the New Year, so I say what the hell. Might as well make an effort to do something regularly. It's not some sort of New Year's resolution, just an idea that came into my head yesterday. I have no presumptions of real competence in photography, but I'm often told my photos are good. (I show people the least rubbish ones.)
I get a strong sense of satisfaction in a good photograph, and making sure I come up with one every day sounds like a great thing to try and achieve. So this is photo 1 of 365.
Interestingly, this one's the 7000th image I've taken with my current [and first] digital camera, a Pentax K10D. Not bad going I say - I've had it for just over two years now, and I still consider it a formidable piece of kit.
That last sentence would have sounded strange fifteen years or more ago, when the progress of consumer technology was not quite so cruelly rapid.

I promise not to upload any old photos!
Happy New Year.

No comments: